Chrome Guild - Draenor EU

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chrome Guild - Draenor EU

Chrome Guild - Draenor EU forums

4 posters

Protection Paladin For Team 1

Thorblade

Protection Paladin For Team 1 Empty Protection Paladin For Team 1

Post by Thorblade Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:24 pm

General information:

Name: Jan Coetzee
    Difference in time to Server e.g. UK= -1 hour : Same time
    Time spent per week on WoW: Approximately 22 hours
    Upcoming Holidays/Work commitments (within next 3 months): Only December Holiday ( from the 15 December to 5 January). Rest of the time I work

Character information:

Character name: Thorblade
    Current Realm: Draenor
    Race : Blood Elf
    Class: Paldin
    Role (Tank/DPS/Healer): Tank / Healer
    Trade Skills : Jewel crafting / Mining
    /played total : Wow all characters = 106Days – 30Hrs – 54Min

Armory Link (please add it for us and please use battle.net armory):
    We need the Armory to show the gear you are applying on.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Draenor/Thorblade/advanced

List your other characters over level 60 and link them if possible.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Azuremyst/dragoonblade/advanced

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Azuremyst/bladelust/advanced

List the achievement you're most proud of.

Heroic: Majordomo Fandral Staghelm

What is your raiding experience?

I have done almost all the raids but i will say the most important. I have done 4.1 - 12/12 and 1/12 Heroic I have done 4.2 - 7/7 and 1/7 Heroic

Explain some of the choices you made when you chose your current talent spec (including glyphs, gems). This is your chance to show us that you have in-depth knowledge of your class:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Thorblade/talent/primary

I have Linked my Talents so you can see my talents.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGMhcRkdRRucb

You have 3 main choices for the last 5 points:
    • Pursuit of Justice (second tier, Retribution): There is almost no situation where movement speed isn’t useful for a tank – take this unless you have a good reason not to.
    • Rule of Law (second tier, Retribution): Boosts your Word of Glory – it’s a minor survivability increase, but every little helps.
    • Reckoning (Fourth tier, Protection, one point in already): Decent single-target DPS boost – useful if you are getting out-threated by DPS, although that’s unlikely these days.
    Ive selected those.

Prime
    • Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous
    • Glyph of Seal of Truth
    • Glyph of Shield of the Righteous
    Major
    • Glyph of Focused Shield
    • Glyph of Holy Wrath
    • Glyph of Lay on Hands
    Minor
    • Glyph of Blessing of Might
    • Glyph of Blessing of Kings
    • Glyph of Truth

Would you change spec if asked to do so?

Yes

Additional Information:

History with other guilds, and reason for leaving your last:

The Overlooked - Was there for quite some time. Azuremyst is a very low populated server and guilds had no good progression on the horde side (15% on horde and 75% players on Alliance). So when you leave one guild to another the qq followed you. But the azuremyst server is to small for me - and the progression is not fast. So I made big decision and transferred to draenor after allot of research and thought.

Do you know anyone who is currently raiding in Chrome, who will vouch for you?

I just transferred here. No one at the moment.

Why are you applying to Chrome (this is very important)?

Well firstly i didnt think i would get in - normally i research it in wowheroes who has the best tanks and saw Chrome has some of the best players on draenor. It was my goal to get in either in Chrome. I research allot of the time who is doing well and whose on what progress. Aim looking for a well established guild that is as driven as me. My goal is to progress no matter what - this what i aim here for. Ive been playing wow for some time and normal guilds do not cut it for me. Iam looking for a hardcore guild that strife for progress. Iam born raider but did not get the chance to show my full potential yet – this is why iam appling here. I iam high – Because I know i can do it.

Can you raid at time Chrome is scheduled to raid?(Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, 20.00-24.00 server *19.30 = invites*)

I can unfortynitly not make Thursdays cause I have rugby practice. But any other day iam available.

Can you keep yourself supplied on consumables for all raids?

Yes

Can you use Mumble?

Yes and Vent

Can you enchant any new gear you get within a reasonable time frame with valid enchants for your class?

Yes

Do you have a stable internet connection and a PC capable of running well in a 10 man environment?

Yes

Please add any additional Information you would like to tell us:

Iam very dedicated and research all the instances before hand - If didnt have the time to research the the instance i will always say and speak the truth. When iam not good at a certain thing i admit it and say maybe can we try this or that. But i comprimise to reach a goal. I wana progress and be an accet this is why i apply to Chrome today.Therefore if possible it would love to get a chance to prove myself and my worth.

Feel free to add a combat log parse from a raid you attended recently:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/54zb9myg45k68xmk/
    joolez

Protection Paladin For Team 1 Empty Re: Protection Paladin For Team 1

Post by joolez Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

Just out of curiosity, what is your latency from SA to France? - where Draenor is located.

/Asheos
    Rhynnoo

Post by Rhynnoo Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:30 am

Your armory also shows that you're missing 1 JC gem. With regards to your raiding experience in Cataclysm, were your kills (both normal and heroic) during t11 content and also pre-nerf for Firelands?
    Thorblade

Post by Thorblade Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:24 am

joolez wrote:Just out of curiosity, what is your latency from SA to France? - where Draenor is located.

/Asheos

With my curent line we get about - 350ms world and 350ms home.
    Thorblade

Post by Thorblade Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:31 am

Rhynnoo wrote:Your armory also shows that you're missing 1 JC gem. With regards to your raiding experience in Cataclysm, were your kills (both normal and heroic) during t11 content and also pre-nerf for Firelands?

Will have a look at it tonight. Probilbly missed it. I was 6/7 before nerf (I had to raid lead team 2, to help out guild). I helped out the guild and lost abit of progression, you have to help out guildies otherwise they leave. This needed to happen - So I buckled up and started to raiding group 2. Herioc was done after nerf m8 and actually on this Draenor server. This was the reason why i left Azuremyst - In the first week i killed something on herioc on draenor.

I know iam not nearly closed to geared for what you guild is looking for. But I give 110% - All i Ask is a chance - You can always in the end kick me if i dont perform.

Thorblade

Post by Thorblade Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:33 am

Thorblade wrote:
    Rhynnoo wrote:Your armory also shows that you're missing 1 JC gem. With regards to your raiding experience in Cataclysm, were your kills (both normal and heroic) during t11 content and also pre-nerf for Firelands?

Will have a look at it tonight. Probilbly missed it. I was 6/7 before nerf (I had to raid lead team 2, to help out guild). I helped out the guild and lost abit of progression, you have to help out guildies otherwise they leave. This needed to happen - So I buckled up and started to raiding group 2. Herioc was done after nerf m8 and actually on this Draenor server. This was the reason why i left Azuremyst - In the first week i killed something on herioc on draenor.

I know iam not nearly closed to geared for what you guild is looking for. But I give 110% - All i Ask is a chance - You can always in the end kick me if i dont perform.

SORRY Protection Paladin FOR Team 2 - Not 1 - PLEASE NOTE
    Thorblade

Post by Thorblade Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:50 am

Well in the end I can only prove myself to you. I have seen the gear level that your players are at in the current time. It is really difficult to apply to guild that is so far ahead of my current gear level. But I aspire for greatness - Because I know that I can do it. Therefore I’ve submitted an application. I would have loved to do more and I am committed to do more than normal mode.

But being committed is one thing – you require 9 other people to be just as committed to achieve the goal. You know what I mean. There is no I in team – As a individual you can not go so far in raids unless you have the right people.

This is of my old guild:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/Azuremyst/The%20Overlooked/

But I’ve come along way and I enjoy raiding and I strife for achievements like: realm first, heroic Shannox , stag helm etc. In the end it is for you decide – Yes or No. From my point view I do not want you decide no.
    Rhynnoo

Post by Rhynnoo Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:17 am

Ok so it's a Team2 application. Well, we shall let the officers in charge of Team2 have a look over it and get back to you as soon as possible. Good luck.

Rhynno
    vanq

Post by vanq Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:43 am

Hi Jan thanks for the application but I have to decline on this occasion,we only require a holy paladin at the present moment and you cant raid on a thursday.

Wish you luck in search of a guild.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 am